Adotic

AdBrite

Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Actress Lisa Ray reveals she has incurable cancer

"I didn't react, and I didn't cry," ... "I'm an actress, believe me, I can be dramatic. Not just then, though"


Actress Lisa Ray, the green-eyed beauty who starred in the films "Bollywood/Hollywood" and "Water," has revealed she has incurable cancer.

"I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma on June 23. Started my first cycle of treatment July 2. Not long ago. For me, it was a relief to hear what was wrong," Lisa, 37, posted on her blog .www.lisaraniray.wordpress.com.

"The plasma cells in my bone marrow were rampaging, multiplying, squeezing out the red blood cells and it was time to begin doing something about it. I was also tired of being tired all the time. So when I sat there with Bobcat, my life partner and reservoir of Yellow, and got the news I didn't react and I didn't cry. I'm an actress, believe me, I can be dramatic. Not just then though," she added.

No comments: